When can I purchase New or Pre-Owned Mopar Vehicle Protection, a product of FCA US LLC? What are the eligibility requirements?
For Vehicles Less than Three Years Old and with Less than 36,000 Miles
All New Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans, products of FCA US LLC, that provide mechanical coverage, can be purchased within 36 months and 36,000 miles from the original warranty start date (the date you or the vehicle's original owner actually took delivery of the new vehicle). If you buy a New Vehicle Mopar Service Contract after one, two or three years of purchasing the vehicle, a surcharge may be applied to the total cost. Convenience and Maintenance Plans may be purchased at any time.
For Vehicles Older than Three Years Old or with More than 36,000 Miles
Vehicles over three years old or have more than 36,000 miles can also qualify to purchase a Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan. A Used Vehicle Inspection, however, must be completed by any authorized Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep or Fiat Dealer Service Center prior to completing the purchase. To download the Used Vehicle Inspection Form, please see our site Document Library.
For Vehicles with An Active Mopar Service Contract
Vehicles currently covered by an active Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan that will soon expire are also eligible for additional service contract coverage. During the quote process, simply indicate that your vehicle is over four years old or has more than 48,000 miles, and you will be directed to the available Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans that start on the purchase date of the warranty.
IMPORTANT: You will want to wait until the current contract is close to expiring based on years or miles because the extension contract supersedes the active contract on the purchase date. When extending an active contract, a vehicle inspection is not required.
For a complete list of vehicle eligible for Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans, see the Vehicle Class and Eligibility Guide in our Document Library.
Ineligible Models for Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans
Audi: A8, Q8, R8, S Models
BMW: 5, 6, 7, 8-Series, X5, X6, X7 and All M Models
Ford: All Shelby Models, SVT Vehicles
General Motors: Cadillac XLR, V-Models, Corvette ZR1, All Vehicles Equipped with a Northstar Engine
Hummer: Hummer 1, Hummer 2
Jaguar: All Models
Lexus: LF-A, All F Models
Mercedes: AMG, Maybach, CLS, S, GLS, SLC, SL, Kompressor
Nissan: GT-R, Leaf
SAAB: All Models
Toyota: All Turbo Models, Supra
Ineligible for MECHANICAL COVERAGE
- Vehicles registered outside of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico
- Vehicles equipped with a Diesel engine (except FCA US, Ford, GM and Volkswagen vehicles)
- Vehicles used for public service (except FCA US), emergency service (ambulance, fire)
- Motor homes
- Vehicles used for police pursuit, police patrol, or security patrol service (except FCA vehicles)
- Taxis (including vehicles used to transport passengers in return for payment, i.e. Uber, Lyft), limousine service
- Vehicles used for postal service (except FCA US vehicles)
- Vehicles converted from two-wheel to four-wheel drive
- Vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer's specifications
- Severe off-road use
- Vehicles not used in accordance with manufacturer's specifications for payload and/or towing capacity
- Vehicles with gross weight (G.V.W.) of over 14,000 pounds
- Cab & Chassis and 1-Ton vehicles (except FCA US vehicles)
- Vehicles equipped with a Northstar engine
- Vehicles equipped with engines having more than 8 cylinders (except FCA US vehicles)
- Vehicles equipped for right-hand drive (except FCA US vehicles);
- Any vehicle where the factory warranty has been voided or restricted by the manufacturer
- Vehicles that is declared to be a total loss by any insurance company, are rebuilt after being declared to be a total loss, or are issued a certificate of title indicating that it is designated as 'salvage,' 'junk,' rebuilt or words of similar impact